The sweet description of how the hero of the novel holds the hand of the his heroine. Then how they tenderly progress towards that intimate kiss and all those tiny moments in the novels that sets our stomach high on butterflies and at the same time aches because of the crazy laugh they give us! Here’s a list of 10 awesome Rom-Coms by Indian authors that are a must read for teens.
1. Of course I Love you, Till I Find Someone Better: Durjoy Dutta the newest-dimpled author with a dimple is who writes insanely cute and funny novels with an edgy title has this one as his first novel. A college going Deb who falls for the hot chick Avantika and their tale of romance with twists is something you’ve got to read for sure!
2. Half Love, Half Arranged: Story of simple girl who realizes that she’s turning 30 and fat that it’s time she did something better with her life. So dealing with the getting married questions, Rhea (the lead character) faces funniest of times and makes the weirdest of choices. In some parts you might laugh out loud for its that funny!
3. The Return of the Butterfly: The major reason of featuring this book int his list is because it’s hilarious! And hilarious to some other levels. The way the author has managed to come up with this satire is brilliant in it’s own distinguished ways! A must-must-read.
4. It Started with a Friend Request: Aditya, the lead character is inclined towards intelligence more than mini-skirts and in the process falls for Aleesha. The story revolves around their love, the problems and the mess when Akash (Aditya’s friends) helps them through.
5. I too had a Love Story by Ravinvder Singh: A sweet tale of love-birds who do class 10 romance and call each other Babu and Shona (which is the comedy part of the novel) and their ever-romantic dialogue and pampering for each other will make you say “Awwww” all the time. But as the novel nears it’s end, the tragic twist that happens is what will make you cry!
6. Now that You’re Rich, Let’s Fall in Love: A story of 4 over-achieving enthusiastic people who’re in different walks of life and somewhere in the journey of earning money fall in LOVE. The fun quotient is the insanely rich characters and their unrealistic goals and ambitions that become true as the kind of the money they have! Maanvi Ahuja has well put this one!
7. Half Girlfriend: Chetan Bhagat’s bestseller is a story about a Bihari-lad Madhav who falls for a filthy rich Gujarati Delhi-girl and how she gets married and walks out of his life just to after few years meet him somewhere again and amidst all this drama how Bill Gates comes in to picture is another story! A funny tale of romance is what Chetan Bhagat is best at in Half Girlfriend.
8. Truly Madly Deeply by Faraaz Kazi: A very subtle and sweet romance of the college days and sends you back to those days of your first love. The innocence of that love and the cherishing memoirs of the same is what this book is all about. A highly recommended book for those who cherish good reads!
9. Oops I fell in Love.. Just by Chance: Harsh Snehanshu, a fine author who finds his way to readers heart with his sweet and kind romance novels. This one is a piece of rom-com which has Kanav, an IITian lad who looses his heart to Tanya and their erroneous romance and then the OOPS! that happens in the story! A surprise read for all.
10. Life is what you Make it: Preeti Shenoy is one author who knows how to win hearts of the readers and this book is her attempt to the same. In this she depicts the power of love that could easily overcome the destiny! read this one if you believe in Love, Hope & Destiny.
PS. To all those love-stricken souls, all these novels are for you to know how special and beautiful feeling LOVE is. And to the ones who are not, the comedy part is for you to enjoy and laugh out loud at the stupid-lovey-dovey things that committed people do. Do share the list!