You’re not obsessive about the English language by CHOICE but if someone does misspell something, your entire being cringes involuntarily. You hate it when people butcher the language unnecessarily and when they still cannot figure out the proper usage and difference between their, they’re and there. I mean, I understand if English isn’t your first language but otherwise is it really that difficult? If you have an incessant need to correct people’s grammar, I’m sure you will relate to our list.
1. You’ve repeated this phrase a hundred times “You’re means you are; your on the other hand means that it belongs to you!”
You’ve made it your mission in life to make sure that people use the right word in the right context.
2. You’re constantly correcting other people’s grammar and they hate you for it.
People generally can’t stand it when someone else corrects them and you do tend to over-step your bounds but you honestly cannot help it!
3. You pronounce certain words differently and your friends often make fun of you. You’ve tried to get them to say it right but they obviously want to continue sounding like morons!
You have even whipped out your phone, Googled the correct pronunciation and showed it to them so that they can learn something!
4. If the book you’re reading has grammatical errors, it drives you nuts! You know your next move is going to be to write a letter to the publisher pointing out the error.
You know they probably won’t even read it or be kind enough to actually make the said changes but you have to do your bit to ensure the world isn’t filled with idiots!
5. You proof read anything you ever type out at least twice.
You cannot make a mistake! You do have a reputation to uphold.
6. You do not understand how people type out entire emails without using any punctuation. Are they completely insane?
7. You swear bloody murder when someone types ‘lyk dis’
You want to scream and tell them that “You would die if you spent another moment texting them!”
8. You often leave comments correcting other people’s grammar on social media.
You better be careful about this because the next time they meet you it’s going to be their fist and your face.
9. Your friends are just waiting for you to make a mistake so that they can correct you. Revenge is a dish best served cold.
You probably deserve this but at least you know how to use a semi-colon
10. But at the end of the day nothing drives you crazier than when someone tries to correct your grammar.
Yes, you’re hypocritical; yes, you’re aware of that; no, you don’t care.