We all have a tendency to focus more on the negative than the positive. We psychoanalyse every single detail of our lives like it’s a life and death situation but honestly it’s time we stopped! Most of us spend our time living in our heads instead of living in the moment. So I’ve compiled a list of all the things all of us are guilty of doing but are better of not doing.
1. Constantly worrying about what will happen in the future or what has already happened in the past.
Learn to live in the moment because life will pass you by faster than you realise and you’ll be 80 and old wondering where all the time went and why you never did all the things you wanted to do.
2. Always wanting to be somewhere else.
No matter what you do, you’re going to miss out on some stuff in life so it’s better you take complete joy in where you are and what you’re doing.
3. Focusing on the drama and negative things people say about you.
If people want to talk about you – let them, it just shows they have nothing better to do with their lives. Instead focus on what you want to do and where you want to get.
4. Never being satisfied with what you have and always wanting more.
It’s good to be ambitious and desire for more but you also need to know where to stop. A perpetual thirst for materialistic things is going to lead you to having an extremely dissatisfied and unhappy life.
5. Trying to make everyone around you happy.
Don’t be a people pleaser, it’s only going to come in your way of living your life to the fullest and no matter what you do you cannot please everyone!
6. Comparing yourself to other people and their achievements.
Everyone aspires to be more and aim higher but you have to realise that your battle is with yourself and not the world around you. You’re the lead runner in the race of your life and you’re competing only with your former self.
7. Sticking to your chosen career path even after you realise its wrong for you.
It’s never too late to change your decisions. Just because you were forced to choose your career at the age of sixteen doesn’t mean you have to stick with it for the rest of your life. Everyone deserves to do what they love and you should do the same.
8. Second guessing yourself and letting your fears hold you back.
Take that leap of faith and do what you think is right. Don’t retrace your steps over and over again because even if you do fail, you’ll know that you tried your best.
9. Waiting for the right moment or the perfect time.
There is no right time to do something so stop waiting for some magical sign to appear and do what you have to do now. Life is too short to wonder about ‘what if..’
10. Resenting the people who have wronged you and regretting your past mistakes.
If someone has wronged you forgive them because holding onto grudges is only going to harm you and waste your time! Don’t live regretting what has happened instead make efforts to ensure that it never happens again.