Though nothing survives long in the rapidly transforming Indian TV and it is rare to have stars shining for long. Here is a list of 6 such charming men and women who have managed to rule over our hearts after doing reality shows.
1. Chang- One among the third season participants of Indian Idol who failed to catch any eyeballs. But luckily hosted the fourth season of the show. Ever since Chang barely looked back. He featured in two Bollywood films Badmaash Company and Detective Byomkesh Bakshi. He recorded a few songs and is remains one of the best choice for hosts on the small screen.
3. Ayushmann Khurrana- Roadies 2 was his first major victory on television and which also made him the video jockey of MTV. He is well known for being excellent host and we saw him hosting IPL Season 3. In 2012,he made his Bollywood debut with Vicky Donor, a low budget film which did pretty well. Khurana started to steal the spotlight from this very film. And he enjoys being one of the well loved and respected actors of our time.
4. Arijit- Other than being every single Indian girl’s crush, Arijit is Bollywood’s current favorite singer. He was a participant of Fame Gurukul in 2005 and lost the competition and then in 10 Ke 10 Le Gaye Dil and therein started his career of ruling hearts. He worked as an assistant music programmer to Pritam, Mithon, Shankar and Vishal for a while. And then in 2013 gave national the most romantic song ever – Tum Hi Ho.
5. Shreya Ghoshal- What’s said about her will never be enough, she is the queen of almost every second Indian heart. Not many know that she won a season of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Her first assignment was Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Devdas ! And she never looked back again , sang for us some of the best ever songs , Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai and Yeh Ishq Hai .
6. Kapil- was crowned in The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, and before starting with his own game-changer Comedy Nights With Kapil he continued with other TV shows. He has raised comedy to just another level and he continues to revolutionize the Indian TV.He got 33rd place in Forbes India Celebrity List 2014.
Hence proved, started small doesn’t mean you cannot grow bigger and louder! Everything/everyone has to start somewhere, then why fear it being small ?