Entrance Exams were invented in China (unlike most Chinese things , they’ve lasted ever since), to kill their children’s creativity. They were pretty successful, they made obedient workers who could work for them as clerks and obey orders. We, the people of India, proudly replicated their model. And screwed it up all. We developed few good institutions and tuned them (or may be just named ) most prestigious, as a result all our exams are the TOUGHEST IN THE WORLD (not hyperbole). Here is the list of 7 Horrible things our entrance exams do to our to us.
1. Turn you into a stupid creature who must not dare to dream beyond those bulky books you aren’t yet prepared to handle.
2. Cut you from life- the best food of yours, your love and your passions. Rather force a brilliant human mind to turn insensitive to emotions.
3. Fund the coaching classes which start training you for these entrances from Class 6TH calling them FOUNDATION COURSES. Now this is purely crazy, a little flower is meant to learn and grow so many other wonderful things from life not a stupid exam.
4. Gatepass ke liye kuch bhi karega. Just to get entry from a premier college of your choice you are compelled to deprive yourself of crucial mental development.
5. Lock yourself up in 4 walls. Come on, your children do not have to stay self-arrested. We are not criminals to have been born in a country with so many kids and so few colleges.
6. Make you feel stupid and under-confident. The system which has consistently always failed to produce good human beings ironically declares you failed and dumb.
7. Costs the nation 10 innocent lives on average every year. There couldn’t be any worse that a thing could do to you and a nation. Our children are committing suicides and we are celebrating these institutions. We have enough for a NATIONAL SHAME DAY.