1. Right to be Understood and Loved Irrespective of MARKS or GRADES : Because in all of us there is a crack, which can only be filled by love and understanding.
2. Right Against Being Humiliated and Punished : Not because it just hurts the ego but humiliation and punishments don’t teach a teenager anything ! They only build up hatred and anger.
3. Right to An Honest Friend : Be it a teacher, a classmate, a neighbour just anybody who would understand you and would wipe your tears and listen to you instead of judging you. All of us deserve an honest friend.
4. Right to Non-Violent Parents: Because this too is a type of domestic violence, a physical abuse. Hands and sticks can never discipline teenagers nor can marks on our body.
5. Right to Basic Freedom : Not FULL FREEDOM, but a little privacy and liberty that at least allows us to be who we want to be and whom to be with.
6. Right to Decide for Ourselves : Decide what we want to do the rest of our lives, decide for ourselves what is good and not-so-good for us. Yes, we might make some mistakes, but isn’t that how we all learn ?
7. Right to Be Our Ownself : To be saved from comparisons, trying to make us who we aren’t. To just celebrate our own craziness and live life our way.
8. Right to Internet : Of course if you are reading this, you are probably lucky to have this right. But for those who are isolated from internet for some fears, internet gives you endless power.
Image Sources : Tare Zameen Par , the movie