We all have but only one life and we have to choose how we want to spend our time in this life. We’ve all heard people tell us a few things way too many times yet we choose to forget it. Why is that we do that? Is it simply because we don’t want to face the truth about our own mortality? Are we too cowardly to the face the truth? Or because we all think that we are the exception to the rule and these things don’t apply to us! Here is a list of things we all know but choose to forget anyway.
1. Our life span isn’t as long as we think it is.
Contrary to what most of us think, we aren’t going to live forever! This may sounds gloomy – but you may even die in an accident tomorrow so make the best of the time you have.
2. We have to build our own destiny and stop blaming things on luck
Maybe, just maybe luck plays a tiny part in the way things ultimately shape out but for the most part we create our own luck!
3. We only need to compete against ourselves and not the entire world.
We all are determined to run this ‘race’ that everyone seems to be a part of but no one really knows where they are running to or what we are running away from. We only need to be better than what we were yesterday and not compare ourselves to the entire world!
4. While it may be true that ‘If you can think it you can do it’, you actually have to do things too!
We all keep waiting for things to happen or waiting for the right time but things aren’t going to magically fall into our laps! We actually have to get up and go get things done!
5. We are not defined by how much money we have or our worldly possessions.
While money is important to survive, it doesnt define who we are! Stop judging people based on the amount of money they have!
6. We don’t need to rely on other people for our happiness.
We often seek happiness outside of ourselves but true happiness comes from within. While your partner may be the one that makes you smile, if you aren’t satisfied with who you are, you will never truly be happy.
7. Just because you might have failed once doesn’t mean things won’t turn around for you.
Thomas Edison once said ‘I haven’t failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that don’t work’. So if you fall down once be sure to pick yourself up because if you don’t even try, you don’t have a chance.
8.The people closest to us are not going to live forever.
Spend time with those you love and stop ignoring them because you’re ‘too busy’ working! Your parents, grandparents, family won’t always be around so cherish every moment you have with them.