Before we notice the odds in our country, let’s wait and have a look at our incredilble India:
1. Kailashnath temple in Ellora is carved out of one single rock! Starting from reverse: first the roof then the pillars and then finally the base!
2. Until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds in the world.
3. Well, the largest selling dark rum in the world is Old Monk. It has been the biggest Indian Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) brand owned by Mohan Meakins Ltd.
4. Did you know? The Taj Mahal is taller than the Qutub Minar.
5. The automobile company Mahindra and Mahindra was before partition known as Mohammed and Mahindra. But after partition Mahindra brothers took forward the legacy.
6. English Actor Sir Ben Kingsley’s birth name is Krishna Pandit Bhanji and he is of Indian (Gujarati) descent.
7. Dr. Shrikant Jichkar holds the record for “India’s most qualified person”.
He was an IAS, IPS, lawyer, doctor, D. Litt (Doctor of Letters) in Sanskrit , the highest degree in a University, photographer, actor, radio operator, youngest MLA at the age of 25, held 14 portfolios, had 20 degrees, 28 gold medals & had a library of 52,000 books.
8. Havells – an Indian brand. Where many people consider it as a cool name for a brand but many don’t know that it actually means Haveli Ram Gupta.
9. An Indian man, Jadav Payeng started planting trees on a barren sandbar at 17. He is now 47 and lives in his own 1360 acre forest which now houses rhinos, tigers, deer, apes and elephants.
10. There is a village too by the name of Delhi, in New York, USA
11. Tamil Nadu Special Police Force manages the security of Tihar Jail.
12. Kolkata Book Fair is the largest public book fair in the world.
13. Metupalayam Ooty Nilgiri passenger train is the slowest train in India. It runs at a speed of 10 kmph.
14. India has the biggest “voluntary” army in the world.
15. Titan is the world’s fifth largest wrist watch manufacturer.
16., popularly known as The Twin Town is a small village in the district of Malappuram in Kerala, India.
17. In 2005, Switzerland declared 26 May as Science Day in honour of Dr. .
18. India grows nearly 40% of the world’s mango crop.
19. India is the only country in the world which has both tigers and lions in the wild.
20. India is home to 3,00,000 mosques which is more than any country in the world.
21. India will become the world’s youngest country by 2020.